Re: undo in loaddefs.el buffer

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: undo in loaddefs.el buffer
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:26:19 +0100

> So I think batch-update-autoloads is the right place to do something
> about this problem.
>
> 4. Another idea is that batch mode could always turn off undo.  That
> is a little drastic as a change, but what do people think of it?

It depends just on how undo gets turned off.  There are cases where
editing operations are done by making use of undo (X-Symbol does some
sort of association by doing a one-way conversion, placing markers at
positions matched with a string, then undoing everything to see where
the markers end up).  However, those operations will set relevant
variables (in this case, setting undo-limit to most-positive-fixnum,
for example) normally.  undo-outer-limit, however, is new...