Re: Auto-fill-mode bug: unbreakable space lost

From: Gaetan Leurent
Subject: Re: Auto-fill-mode bug: unbreakable space lost
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:51:19 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote on 27 Mar 2005 04:52:47 +0100:

> I was thinking that C-x 8 is obsolete, but if this is the best way to
> do that, maybe it means C-x 8 is not obsolete.  What do people think?

I think C-x 8 is usefull if your keyboard allows you to type most of the
characters you need, but not all. For instance, with a French keyboard
you can type 'à' but not 'á' and this is not worth using an input-method
in emacs.

Well, we don't use 'á' in French, but I sometimes really use C-x 8 to
enter a NBSP or a 'þ' in a smiley when I don't have a Compose Key.

--
Gaëtan LEURENT