Re: hack-local-variables

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: hack-local-variables
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 21:36:44 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

       The behavior of `hack-local-variables' has recently been changed.

   I don't see any recent change.  What change do you mean?

Somehow it seems non-trivial to figure out what caused the change.
The change does not appear to be mentioned in the ChangeLogs.

But (hack-local-variables-t) not only did not check the local
variables list for a mode in 21.3, it also did not when I checked
lispref/variables.  I somehow forgot that this was in November 2003.
So the change may not have been that recent after all (but definitely
new in 22.1 and post November 2003).

Sincerely,

Luc.