Eshell output goes to buffers called `nil' and `t'

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Eshell output goes to buffers called `nil' and `t'
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 05:25:10 +0200

Hi John and emacs-devel,

I'm trying to get Eshell working with a recent CVS snapshot, but I
don't know where to start looking for the cause of this one problem.
I'm not sure if it's reproducible, but here's what I'm experiencing:

When I type `M-x eshell RET ls RET', there's no output.  Instead, two
buffers called `nil' and `t' are created.  The `nil' buffer is empty,
but the `t' buffer contains the output of the `ls' command.  I can do
this any number of times, and all command output will keep going to
the mysterious `t' buffer.

I can actually use Eshell by splitting the frame and having the `t'
buffer in one window and the `*eshell*' buffer in another, but it's
not very convenient. :-)

Because this bug is so crippling, I suspect that it might be a problem
specific to my system; please let me know if you have any suggestions
on how to diagnose the problem.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>