Re: font-lock-comment-delimiter-face

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: font-lock-comment-delimiter-face
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 19:22:58 -0400

And to fix the bug with the single-semi-colon we now introduce
yet-another-config-var that major modes have to set?

So as long as major modes aren't adjusted to also set
font-lock-comment-start-skip, users will see strange behaviors under some
"unusual" circumstances (i.e. only on 8 color ttys, only for single-char
comment starters)?

While I'm here, I'll post yet-another-bug-report about this new feature:

      /*** test in c-mode ***/
      ^^^^                  ^^

The two ** preceding the closing comment marker don't get the
comment-delimiter face.

I'm sure I'll have bumped into yet-another by the time I get to post another
message in this thread.

I must say I'm baffled.

        Stefan

PS: BTW, has anyone measured the slowdown cause by this new code?  The call to
looking-at should be negligible, but the call to looking-back could end up
significant, although by default it won't make any visible difference unless
you're one of the lucky ones running in an 8 color tty, so it's
wasted effort.