Re: A few issues with thumbs.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: A few issues with thumbs.el
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:37:48 +0200

On second thought, this won't do:

  (defun thumbs-thumbname (img)
   "Return a thumbnail name for the image IMG."
   (convert-standard-filename
    (concat thumbs-thumbsdir "/" (expand-file-name img))))

because of directories, so it'll have to be:

  (defun thumbs-thumbname (img)
   "Return a thumbnail name for the image IMG."
   (convert-standard-filename
    (concat thumbs-thumbsdir "/"
            (subst-char-in-string
             ?\s ?\_
             (apply
              'concat
              (split-string
               (expand-file-name img) "/"))))))

which still strikes me as more fragile than using md5. The probability
of collision is higher, with the "_" vs " " and the fact that nothing
precludes c:/1/23.tif and c:/12/3.tif both existing.

I suppose I could transform the path separators to some other
character, but that seems like piling hack over hack.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u