Severe hscroll-margin Bug

From: Markus Gritsch
Subject: Severe hscroll-margin Bug
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 17:00:03 +0200

Hello,

Short: When specifying a value for hscroll-margin which is quite large relative to the window width, Emacs freezes up and takes 100% CPU.

Long: I have set hscroll-margin to a value of 20 so I can see the next words in a buffer before reaching the margin. I also use the "Emacs Code Browser" Package (http://ecb.sourceforge.net/) which uses relatively narrow windows to display directory listings, method outlines, etc. When I move the point into such a window, Emacs freezes up.

I think the problem is, that there is no region in the window, which lies outside of any hscroll-margin, neither from the left nor from the right side.

Thank you for  reading,
Markus