Re: org-mode and mode hooks.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: org-mode and mode hooks.
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 11:52:15 -0500 (CDT)

>From my previous message:

      unless I somehow can recognize whether we are running
      from a timer or process.  (I can not immediately think of way to do
      that.  Is there away?)

   To answer my own question, I guess that checking whether
   `this-command' is nil should work reliably enough.

No, too many functions can reset it.

I guess that `this-original-command' could _potentially_ be better.
However, apparently, it does not get reset to nil when this-command
gets reset to nil (why not?), making it useless for the purpose.

If real_this_command would be exported to Lisp, it would probably be
ideal, assuming there is no other reliable way to check whether code
is being run from a timer or asynchronous process.

Sincerely,

Luc.