Re: Menu again.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Menu again.
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 00:18:27 -0400

    I have just had a user complain in a German Usenet group that
    "Options/Truncate Long Lines in this buffer" is not saved when you use
    "Save Options".

    ... it might
    perhaps be prudent to remove this particular option, which is the only
    one that only applies to "this buffer" in the Options menu, as far as
    I can see.

I think it could make sense to put this option into a submenu labeled
"Options for current buffer only".  However, that would look rather
silly if this were the only option in said menu.  Is there any other
per-buffer option we might want to put in it?