Re: xterm colors (was: Diff mode faces)

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: xterm colors (was: Diff mode faces)
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 02:17:30 -0400

    The colors used by xterm can be changed through X resources, so the
    colors defined in xterm-standard-colors are maybe not the ones that are
    actually used. I don't know if we should do anything too smart with
    them.

    Or do you expect users to modify xterm-standard-colors if they change
    their xterm colors ?

Since there is no way for Emacs to respond automatically to such
customization of Xterm, let's not worry about it.  There are many ways
they can customize Emacs for this.