Re: Fixing report-emacs-bug

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Fixing report-emacs-bug
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 18:46:27 +0100

On 4 Jul 2005, at 18:37, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Doesn't matter. The bug is simple: in a default config of OS X, if you do "sendmail address@hidden <somemail" the mail is lost without any error message.

It seems to go into the queue.
Just like on a GNU/Linux system with postfix shut down (is that so? can't check this lacking root access on our systems.)

A warning or an error, yes: If Postfix is not configured, it should not
accept any mail.

OK, that's a good idea. I'll report this. But don't expect this to be changed any time soon. Emacs should act appropriately, whether sendmail swallows stuff or whether it purposefully chokes on e-mails. And I'm saying it should go through the system's standard mail client.