Re: Sorting of directories in dired

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Sorting of directories in dired
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 02:13:33 +0200

On 7/7/05, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:
> In dired files are sorted case sensitive. This does not make sense on an
> OS with case insensitive file system. Is there any way to get the
> listing in dired sorted case insensitive?

If you're on Windows, dired is using the Lisp emulation of `ls', that
is, ls-lisp.el. You can configure it to be case insensitive. My .emacs
has this:

(when (eq system-type 'windows-nt)
  (setq ls-lisp-emulation   'MS-Windows
        ls-lisp-dirs-first  t
        ls-lisp-ignore-case t
        ls-lisp-verbosity   (nconc (and (w32-using-nt) '(links)) '(uid))))

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u