Re: Emacs and Squiggles as filenames

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs and Squiggles as filenames
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:14:00 -0400

    > It is not just frequent, it is what we have always called "the right
    > way".  Using concat has been slightly deprecated, partly because it
    > won't work in the case where the directory name fails to end in a
    > slash.

    Can't happen when file-name-as-directory is used, right?

The method of using concat *and* file-name-as-directory is a reliable
method.  However, it is considerably more cumbersome than just using
concat--or just using expand-file-name.

So maybe it will work better to define a convenient function
as the new recommendation.