Re: completion problems

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: completion problems
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:57:42 -0400

> * Richard M. Stallman <address@hidden> [2005-07-15 14:11:20 -0400]:
>
>     the current cvs head appears to have a problem with completion.
>     when I have a file (or buffer) named foo.bar and I type "foo." and hit
>     TAB, the cursor moves 1 step to the left (i.e., between "o" and ".")
>     instead of completing to "foo.bar".
>     this happens with "-" instead of "." too.
>
> It works ok when I try it.
> I used a directory with no other files that start with `foo'.

I have 3 files:
config.h.in
config.h.in~
configure.in

C-x C-f c o n TAB

==> completed to "config", cursor right after "g" (correct)

then
. TAB

*Completions* buffer pops up with the 3 files above,
and cursor is now between "g" and "." (incorrect, I expected a
completion to "config.h.in").

<http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/> <http://ffii.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.iris.org.il>
Please wait, MS Windows are preparing the blue screen of death.