Re: A few questions about desktop.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: A few questions about desktop.el
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:28:17 +0200

> As you can see, I don't know much about desktop.el--I don't use it.

It's quite useful, and it'll be great the day we can make it
save/restore window and frame configurations. But I don't think
there's an easy way to turn a window configuration into elisp and back
:(

> If you see that a certain mode needs special processing,
> please just implement that.

I'll do.

Not-totally-unrelated: running two or more Emacs instances that use
the same desktop file is a classical race condition; the last one to
exit overwrites the desktop file (quite funny when the desktop was
very elaborate and the last instance to exit uses almost no buffers).

It'd be very useful to try to detect it and at least stop the second
instance from loading and using the desktop file if it's already in
use. There's no way to do that from Emacs, is there?

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u