Re: Buffer menu fix

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Buffer menu fix
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 06:32:37 +0300

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 15:16:34 -0400
>
> This is regarding this FOR-RELEASE item:
>
>    ** The header-line buttons in the buffer list buffer should respond
>       to Mouse-1.
>
> The following patch fixes the bug and simplifies the code.  (The `if'
> condition that checks `Buffer-menu-use-header-line' in the old code is
> not necessary, because it does no harm to bind some extra keys.)
>
> If there are no objections over the next few days, I will check it in.

I realize that the original code had the same problem, but since we
are changing it: using lambda expressions to bind mouse clicks has a
negative side effect that "C-h c", "C-h k" and similar help commands,
when used with these mouse clicks, display test that to most users
sounds like nonsensical gibberish.

So may I suggest to define a real function, with a real doc string,
and then bind those clicks to that function?