Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 03:19:42 +0200

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> I didn't see the original, but I strongly disagree that 10
> seconds is too long for reading a potentially long message
> in a tooltip.

Me too.  Why stop displaying it after 10 seconds even?
That limit seems really arbitrary and annoying.

> As long as the user is not using the keyboard or mouse,
> what harm is there in continuing to display the tooltip?

Exactly.  Why not keep displaying it until the user starts
typing or moves the mouse away from the tooltipped object?
After all, if the user has not yet done one of those things,
he or she is probably still reading the tooltip.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>