help with customization widgets needed

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: help with customization widgets needed
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 23:40:09 +0300

Hello,

I need some help.  I need a customization widget which allows input of login
data for multiple accounts.  Basically, it looks like this:

[INS] [DEL] Language domain: [Value Menu] English (en)
            User name: [___________________]
            Password: [___________________]
[INS]

Each accounts is associated with a language domain, but not each language
domain may have a proper account.  I created a custom widget type like this:

(define-widget 'wikipedia-login-data 'lazy
  "Login data for a Wikipedia user."
  :type (eval-when-compile
          `(alist
            :key-type (choice :tag "Language domain"
                              ,@wikipedia-language-domains-for-customization)
            :value-type
            (group (string :tag "User name") (string :tag "Password")))))

Everything works perfectly, but there is one nit-pick.  When adding a new
account, it automatically selects the first language domain from the list
of choices.  I don't like this and would like to force a selection on the
user.  I.e. I would like it to display something like "Choose one", but of
course "Choose one" shouldn't show up in the selection menu.  Is it possible?

Also, is it possible to align the text fields with different label/tag
widths?  I.e. like this:

            A very long and elaborate label: [___________________]

Paul