Re: new version of allout.el - patch and ChangeLog

From: Ken Manheimer
Subject: Re: new version of allout.el - patch and ChangeLog
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 18:33:15 -0400

On 10/1/05, Richard M. Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks very much for sending this update.  Now is a good time to
> install it.

great!  i'll be glad to see these improvements out there in the world...

> Could you be so kind as to itemize the change log, describing which
> functions/defuns have been changed, and how?  We need that in order
> to install the change.
>
> Also, we need to have an item for etc/NEWS.  Would you please write one?

i've attached new versions of the patch and ChangeLog, and an etc/NEWS snippet.

please use the new version of the patch, rather than the one i sent
yesterday.  it includes an xemacs compatibility provision for a
problem i hadn't noticed until after i sent the patch out yesterday.
it also includes several small adjustments i noticed while doing the
detailed enumeration of the functions that were changed.

i'm cc'ing emacs-devel, figuring that's where the material will be used.

ken
address@hidden