Re: pgg symmetric encryption patch

From: Ken Manheimer
Subject: Re: pgg symmetric encryption patch
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:16:21 -0400

On 10/5/05, Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 12:53:30PM +0200, Sascha Wilde wrote:
>
> > I'll try to find the time to make this a proper feature of pgg.  (I
> > also added the original author to the cc, so he might add his
> > thoughts)
>
> I attached a more complete patch, including documentation and
> changelog entries.
>
> Any comments, bug-fixes, flames are highly appreciated.

i have some questions regarding my switching allout over to use pgg.
i've been looking over the impact, and it's complicated by the
intricate way i use mailcrypt's key caching mechanism.  i would have
to change pgg's key caching stuff to enable me, for instance, to query
for the presence of a key, and also change the encryption/decryption
function signatures to take explictly passed-in keys.  it will not be
trivial, and i don't want to launch into the work if there's no chance
the pgg changes will be accepted.

i know there's no way in advance to know whether my changes will or
won't be acceptible, but i would like to know whether there will be
attention available to evaluate them and the possibility that they'll
be accepted?  my time frame is also a little  daunting - i think i
have at least a few days of work, and am going to be away for a week
in the middle of next week, so may not have anything finished until a
few weeks from now.  any thoughts?

ken manheimer
address@hidden