Re: [Chong Yidong] Re: Tool-bar buttons unresponsive with tooltips on

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: [Chong Yidong] Re: Tool-bar buttons unresponsive with tooltips on
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:42:11 +0200

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>
>> Jason,
>>
>> Can you explain why you added that specific line.
>>
>> I can see that it looks like a reasonable thing to do,
>> but Chong has problems with it (I don't).
>>
>> What problem was it supposed to fix?
>
> Mouse movement is not correctly tracked without it unless track-mouse
> is used from lisp (the C code uses last_mouse_glyph for other reasons).

IIUC, the problem was this:

note_mouse_movement is used to handle mouse movement event when
track-mouse is not active, but last_mouse_glyph is only updated when
track-mouse is active.

So it was wrong (or at least stupid) for note_mouse_movement to test
on last_mouse_glyph which would have an arbitrary value based on where
you clicked/dragged the mouse the last time.

Chong, perhaps you can try to understand why you have problems with
mouse clicks due to this change.  I don't have the reported problem,
so I cannot debug it.

Do you have some hacks in mouse.el which may cause problems?