Re: ispell-aspell-find-dictionary: Opening input file: no such file or d

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: ispell-aspell-find-dictionary: Opening input file: no such file or directory
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 23:39:43 -0400

    >     I don't know where the bug, but may be fallback to default value of
    >     ispell-dictionary-alist if (ispell-aspell-find-dictionary)
    >     unsuccessfull?

    > I think this change should do it.  Does it give good results?

    No, bad. Default value of ispell-dictionary-alist includes needed for
    me "russian" dictionary. But after initialize spell checking with this
    patch, i have in this list only english, canadian, british
    dictionaries.

That's what I designed it to do: to discard dictionaries for which it
cannot get the data.  That is better than getting an error.  And it
can't use those dictionaries if it can't get the data about them.

So I don't see how this change could be bad.  How is it possible
to use any dictionaries for which the data can't be obtained?
Is there a way?  Could someone explain?

The ideal thing would be to get the proper data about those
dictionaries.  But I don't know how to do that.  Do you?