Re: Crash in alloc.c

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Crash in alloc.c
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:23:38 +0200

>> I'm experiencing very frequent crashes with all emacs versions on our
>> SuSE 9.1 installations, usually when publishing my planner-muse
>> wiki.

You need to help us identify what sequence of operations is causing the crash.

First of all, can you try to reproduce the crash with the latest CVS
version from the trunk (not multi-tty branch).

Please configure with these options to turn off optimizations:

 ./configure "CFLAGS=-g -O0"  (that is minus-OH-zero)
 make

Start emacs under gdb:

 cd src
 gdb emacs

When it crashes, send us the output from these gdb commands:

 bt full
 xbacktrace

If you can load the .el files rather than .elc files where the crash
happens, it would give even more output for us to look at (or if it
doesn't crash, it can give some other cluse)...

The easiest way to do this is simply move the relevant .elc files out
of the way (you can move them back later)...