Re: Feature request/wishlist: allowing external processes to accept inpu

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Feature request/wishlist: allowing external processes to accept input in script mode
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:54:50 -0600

D Goel wrote:

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

"D Goel" <address@hidden> writes:

Now we call the above bash script from an emacs script, in various
ways:

----
#!/usr/local/bin/emacscvs --script

(setq a (call-process "y-or-n-p-my" nil t  t "Question"))

You explicitly tell that input for the process should come from /dev/null,
so this works as expected.

I certainly agree with that. I supplied nil for infile above.
My question is: what argument can I supply as infile so that when the
external process expects an input, it actually accepts input from
stdin?

As far as I can tell, infile can only be a file, or nil.

Did you try "/dev/stdin" or "/dev/fd/0"?

--
Kevin Rodgers