Re: pxref

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: pxref
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:20:52 +0000 (UTC)

       output displays a capitalized `See' when the preceding text both ends
       with a colon and is not followed by a blank line.

   I don't understand why you expect anything else.  @xref always produces
   a capitalized "See" in TeX output.  It's documented that way and been
   that way forever.  I'm sure you know this perfectly well, so I'm
   confused as to what you have in mind.

The new default Info and TeX sometimes produce different outputs,
uncapitalized and capitalized.

Specifically, in the new Info default, @xref does not always produce a
capitalized "See".  This means a change in documentation.

(Personally, I prefer the older way, but that is neither here nor
there.  The older way means the author makes the decision, not the
computer.  The new default means that the computer makes the decision,
but, currently, only in Info.  Except for tests, I do not see the new
Info default but set Info-hide-note-references to nil.)

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8