Re: Undesired point moves while compiling

From: Brad Howes
Subject: Re: Undesired point moves while compiling
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 12:55:59 -0500

There is special code in this function that uses beginning-of-line to
move point in the source buffer during fontification. But I don't know
is this intentional or not.  Or maybe `save-excursion' is missing
around `save-restriction'?

Excellent suggestion! Inserting a `save-excursion' between the
`with-current-buffer' and `save-restriction' (line 710) in the routine
`compilation-internal-error-properties' fixed my problem. Thanks!

Brad