Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?

From: Christian Schlauer
Subject: Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 18:37:15 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> When I try SPC now, it does move the mouse pointer to the Ediff
>frame, but only if the mouse is not on another Emacs frame (or on a
>window that belongs to another Windows program).

I didn't investigate this -- when I use ediff, the mouse is always on
an Emacs frame: either the Ediff frame, or the main Emacs frame.

>So I'm left wondering why would you have the mouse outside any frame
>at this point?

I don't know -- did I give the impression that I have the mouse
outside any frame?

>If I understood you correctly, we are discussing a situation when a
>user moves the mouse across the differences (displayed in an Emacs
>frame in two adjacent windows) while she reads the differences.

Exactly. I do `M-x ediff-buffers RET RET RET' -> the Ediff-frame pops
up and gets the `focus', I navigate with SPC and Backspace from
difference region to difference region, and in large difference
regions, I `tick off' the fine differences in the newer buffer by
moving the mouse from fine difference to fine difference *in the
current difference region*.

> I understood your arguments the first time,

I assumed that ;-)

> they just don't convince me.

Okay.
--