Re: 'ignore hides \r in keymap

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: 'ignore hides \r in keymap
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 23:26:17 -0500

> Looks like it's a problem of RET (C-m) vs <return> (function key). You
> would see the same thing if you bound TAB (C-i) and pressed <tab> etc.

> Apparently the default binding is used before the <return> --> RET
> translation is made.

Indeed.  The problem is that the <return> -> RET mapping is done
conditionally on whether there is a binding for <return>.  Now I think that
this should not take default bindings into account, but last I looked at it
it wasn't easy to fix (this is done in a very big and hairy function with
lots of non-trivial and non-written invariants).

        Stefan