Re: list-matching-lines is alias for occur

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: list-matching-lines is alias for occur
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:08:38 +0200

> You've proposed to reverse that, and make "occur" the principal
> name.

Actually, "occur" is still the principal name.  And I haven't proposed
to reverse.  My patch makes both names "list-matching-lines" to "occur"
available for customization.

> One day we should either finish this change or reverse it,
> but I am not sure which, and I don't want to decide in a hurry.

There's no hurry for the decision about the name, but the current
transitional state makes it difficult for users to customize this feature:
the command is know primarily under the name "occur", but user options
have a different prefix.  After my patch installed, users will be able to
find these options under both names.  And the decision about obsoleting
one of them could be postponed.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/