RE: C-x C-f RET change

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: C-x C-f RET change
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:40:09 -0800

    > I too prefer the old behavior, especially for `C-x 4 f'.

    Uh, why?  C-x 2 is easier.

I do use `C-x 2' to split a window - which I do only rarely.

I use pop-up-frames = t. Each buffer is in its own frame, by default. So, I
use `C-x 4 f' to open the same file in another frame (cloning the frame, in
effect). I do that, for example, to examine different parts of the same file
side by side.

With the new behavior, I must enter the file name (though I can use M-n to
get it, so this is no biggee).

BTW - I didn't mean to suggest, by my post, that Emacs should necessarily
return to the old behavior; I meant only to report one (no doubt atypical)
user's preference. I should have mentioned that explicitly, along with
mentioning pop-up-frames = t. Thanks for prompting me to be clearer.