Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:10:42 +0900

2005/11/14, David Reitter <address@hidden>:
> It's the concept that counts, and none of the merit is taken away
> from Emacs if the term denotating the concept changes.

No of course not.  But the name shortcuts is misleading, a bit ugly,
and annoying for Emacs veterans (because it drops a familar term for
something that's not particularly nice); morever it hasn't been shown
to be so newbie unfriendly as to warrant _that_ much concern

There can be aids to understanding (entries in the glossary etc,
tweaks here and there) but I think it's pretty clear that Emacs is
_not_ going to adopt the term "shortcuts".

"Bindings" may not the most popular term (and GNU is not the most
popular OS), but it's certainly good enough.

-miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.