Re: Time to install the new icons

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Time to install the new icons
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:47:24 +0200

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:24:51 -0500
>
> Incidentally, there are some truly hideous icons in nt/icons

Which ones are ``hideous''? pleased name them, and please explain why
you think they are hideous.  IMO, they are not exactly Picasso, but
they do the job quite fine.

> which are not referred to anywhere.  Reading the changelog, these
> were old icons which are no longer in use.  Is it OK to simply
> delete them?

I think it's wrong to delete them.  They are there so that someone who
doesn't like the default icon can modify nt/emacs.rc and rebuild to
use the new default icon.  They are also installed by "make install",
so that one could use them without rebuilding in the desktop shortcut
that launches Emacs.

It would be good to document them, though.  I will look into doing
that when I have time, unless someone beats me to it.