Re: List of major modes?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: List of major modes?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:16:29 +0100

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

It doesn't seem terribly important.  I think that anyone who wants to
explore this way will want to look at the modes' doc strings anyway,
and those will show which ones are major modes.  You can do this just
fine with C-h a mode$, so a new feature would provide little benefit.

The functionality to show the doc strings from the *Apropos* buffer is very good. Should it not be more visible and easy to use for beginners? Would it not be easier for them (and many others too) if the the links looked the same way as those in the *info* buffer? I believe it would help in a case like that we are discussing here.

BTW I would prefer that the links in the *Help* buffer also looked the same.