Re: address@hidden: Overlays, nobreak-char-display and NO-BREAK SPACE]

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Overlays, nobreak-char-display and NO-BREAK SPACE]
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:02:41 +0900

> [I sent this message two weeks ago but did not get a response.]
> Would you please DTRT this and ack?

Ok, sorry for the late response.

> From: Romain Francoise <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Overlays, nobreak-char-display and NO-BREAK SPACE
[...]
> A Debian user reported that inserting the entity corresponding to the
> Unicode character "NO-BREAK SPACE" in nxml-mode reliably freezes Emacs.
> Indeed I can reproduce this here: when `nobreak-char-display' is non-nil
> (which is the default), then inserting this entity in a nXML buffer has
> strange effects.  I took screenshots to better demonstrate the problem:

nxml-mode is not included in Emacs's distribution.  I've
searched for it in the Internet and found this is the homepage:
   http://www.thaiopensource.com/nxml-mode/
but currently this site doesn't react.   So, please send me
nxml-mode.el.

By the way, I've tried this simple code in *scratch* to test
overlay (I'm not sure this is what nxml-mode is doing), but
found no problem.  How about you?

(progn
  (setq o (make-overlay 1 5))
  (overlay-put o 'after-string (string (decode-char 'ucs #xa0))))

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden