Re: ediff-revision and "Using keyboard-interactive authentication^M" in

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: ediff-revision and "Using keyboard-interactive authentication^M" in text
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:24:03 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

It doesn't save the configuration unless you tell it.  However, if you
invoke PuTTY interactively (i.e., not the command-line plink.exe, but
putty.exe itself), it pops up a session configuration dialog.  There,
you can configure a session for subversions.gnu.org and save it.  That
configuration will henceforth be used by plink.
Are those settings then used when plink is called from cvs.exe if I specify for example

   cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs

BTW is subversions.gnu.org the same as savannah.gnu.org?

Perhaps does plink gets confused in the case when ediff-revision is used?

Maybe, I don't know.  You will have to see how ediff-revision invokes
plink, perhaps it does it in a way that plink thinks it's an
interactive invocation.

ediff-revison calls "cvs" with some arguments. Maybe it is then important how cvs is invoked. What should I look for?