Re: mouse-drag-mode-line should maybe use window-tree

From: Peter Whaite
Subject: Re: mouse-drag-mode-line should maybe use window-tree
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:37:24 -0500

Richard M. Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>     Looking a bit at `mouse-drag-mode-line' I found that it in certain
>     window configuration might fail because it does not seem aware of that
>     window splitting is two dimensional.
>
> Could you please be more specific?

Missed the beginning of this but I have noticed a problem when using
ECB (which is very nice BTW).  When the frame is split like this

            +----+------------+
            |    |            |
            +====+            |
            |    |            |
            |    *============+   ==== - modeline
            +====+            |
            |    |            |
            +====+            |
            |    |            |

I find I can only move the vertical split to the left or right by
dragging on the left end of the center-right modeline (at * above).  The
cursor does change to <=> when hovering over the left end of the
bottom-right modeline (at o above), but trying to drag with mouse-1 has
no effect.

I guess it makes sense politically.  The left of the center-right has
always been more amenable to change than anything in the bottom-right.

--
Peter Whaite