Re: Patch that adds help to isearch

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Patch that adds help to isearch
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:27:47 +0100

Juri Linkov wrote:

In the patch I sent before I also added scrolling of the help
buffer.  Scrolling of the help buffer is done by the keys the user
has bound to scroll-other-window' and 'scroll-other-window-down'.
It is only active when the other window is the help buffer.

Isn't an easier way to achieve this by setting `isearch-allow-scroll'
to t?
Yes, of course. I just tried to minimize the impact of allowing help in my patch.

I think it should be rather dependent on if the other window is the
help buffer created by isearch-mode-help, than if C-h and f1 is bound,
because users can bind isearch-mode-help to other keys.
Yes, you are right.