Re: Displaying MIME parts internally/externally in Gnus

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Displaying MIME parts internally/externally in Gnus
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:28:38 -0500

> | To: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Probably you meant address@hidden

Could be, although making an alias would make sense, wouldn't it?
I mean, when was the last time you've referred to Gnus as "ding"?

> I don't see how you use the predicate `PRED'.

It uses it to constrain the list of completions such that when completing
the content-type.  E.g. from "view externally", it constrains the list to
the content-types that Gnus knows how to show externally.

> Your patch may conflict with the one I've installed in the trunk to
> improve `gnus-mime-view-part-as-type' (see below[1] and
> http://thread.gmane.org/v9hdbnepee.fsf%40marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de).

Could be.  I only use the Emacs-CVS version of the code.

> Does you patch address a similar scenario?  (Sorry, I didn't have time
> to check it myself.)

Not that I can see, no.

        Stefan