Re: Buffer listing in multiple frames/ttys

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Buffer listing in multiple frames/ttys
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 23:29:31 +0200

> I'd repeat, though, that it would make sense for the default value of the
> option to come from the value of pop-up-frames:
>
>         I still believe that most people who use pop-up-frames = t will
>         want to set this option to nil (so, they would prefer that that
>         behavior be the default for non-nil pop-up-frames), but I don't
>         mind setting the option to get the old behavior.
>
> That way, people who use one-buffer-per-frame-by-default would not need to
> change anything, beyond setting pop-up-frames = t. I think that covers most
> (but not all) people who set pop-up-frames = t.

I still don't understand the need for a new option for one-buffer-per-frame
configuration.  When a new frame is created due to pop-up-frames=t, its
frame-local buffer-list contains exactly one buffer which is the current
buffer.  So (buffer-list) is an exact equivalent of (buffer-list t).

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/