Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:30:41 -0600 (CST)

   I doubt that nobody clicked on them. Could it not be that our feedback
   mechanisms are a bit too weak to catch things like this? A beginner
   could click those without understanding what was happening and without
   understanding how to ask.

If anybody sophisticated enough to know how to file a bug report knows
better than to click on these buttons (in multi-option buffers), why
would you want to _encourage_ computer illiterate paople to click on
them (in multi-option buffers)?  They are a lot less likely to be able
to repair any resulting damage than more sophisticated users are.

My point is that people should not be encouraged to use these buttons
(in multi-option buffers) instead of the much safer State buttons.

Sincerely,

Luc.