Re: Function for deleting a key binding in a sparse keymap

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Function for deleting a key binding in a sparse keymap
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:29:40 +0100

Kim F. Storm wrote:

This seems to be quite accurate now... but there is one thing I
don't understand...
I am glad someone is checking this ...   :-)

*) Characters that are self-inserting are translated according to
  `translation-table-for-input'. If a character is self-inserting then
  you are ready.

How do you know that a character is self-inserting at this stage?
You only find that out by looking it up in the keymaps, and you
haven't got to that yet at this stage (unless this somehow is
the second pass?)
Some kind of magic thinking I guess ;-) -- it is funny how you sometimes can fool yourself into thinking you know something. Maybe because there are too many unknown things at the moment. You are right of course. I have moved it to a note.

May I suggest that you add an example of which part of emacs currently
uses each of these methods, e.g.
I have taken your examples. Before I send a new version: How do I make a cross-reference in Texinfo to cua-mode and viper here?