Re: splash screen shown when Emacs started with files on the command lin

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: splash screen shown when Emacs started with files on the command line
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 02:53:34 +0200

> I believe the splash screen shouldn't be shown when Emacs is started
> with files on the command line.  I sometimes do that when editing
> some configuration files as root.  (Emacs is configured `--with-x'.)

I can't find a discussion that led to showing the splash screen even
if Emacs is started with a non-empty command line.  Could someone repeat
what were the reasons for this change?  It seems it makes sense to
show the splash screen only for beginners who start Emacs for the
first time, without options on the command line.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/