Re: GTK file selector

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:56:56 +0200

>  > What an irony that the goal of Gnome developers was to design an
> easy-to-use
>  > file dialog, and now no one can use it without hints acquired from others.
>
> It’s an irony if you ignore that their goal was to design a dialog that was
> easy to use for naive users.

I doubt very much that removing useful features to make a simplistic UI
will persuade naive users to use the Gnome environment.  So I still
don't understand what is the target audience of Gnome developers.

> In 2005, naive users do not use any form of emacs, in general,

By analogy with GTK2 dialog windows, removing features from Emacs
to make it similar to Notepad will make naive users happy :-)

> and even the experts are abandoning it today.

Why do they abandon it?  And what do they prefer instead?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/