menu bar conventions

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: menu bar conventions
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:51:51 -0800

I just wanted to confirm that one use should use "menu bar" in text and
"...menu-bar..." in code (rather than "menubar" in both cases).

While it's pointless to change the usage throughout Emacs, being
consistent within the menu bar code and manual itself is probably a good
idea. I see the following in the Menu Bar chapter in the manual:

     On text-only terminals with no mouse, you can use the menu bar by
  typing `M-`' or <F10> (these run the command `tmm-menubar').  This
                                                    ^^^^^^^
And this in a comment in menu-bar.el:

  (defun kill-this-buffer ()      ; for the menubar
                                            ^^^^^^^
I fixed the latter.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD