Re: (elisp)Help Functions

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: (elisp)Help Functions
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:53:24 -0500

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>     The description of `apropos' in `(elisp)Help Functions' is obsolete:
>     it still refers to the old REGEXP only argument.
>
> Thanks--I updated it.  Could you see if anything is still wrong now?
>
> However, the fact that this error was here makes me very worried
> about the manuals.

That's rather strange -- I checked man/help.texi and lispref/help.texi
at the same time, and I certainly remember bringing up the fact that
you can now supply a list to apropos rather than a regexp.  The
discussion of apropos in the Emacs manual was indeed updated around
that time.

(I also seem to recall us having a discussion about this, with the
conclusion being that the new interface to apropos is meant for
interactive use rather than calling from an Emacs Lisp program.  That
may be why the lispref discussion didn't get changed.  Or I may be
misremembering -- that was a while ago, and I lost the email logs.)