Re: Bug, probably related to Custom Themes.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Bug, probably related to Custom Themes.
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:40:41 -0600 (CST)

Chong Yidong wrote:

   I wouldn't expect this to write to .emacs.

The bug is that it _does_ write into your Custom file.  If it does not
do that for you then it must somehow depend on my customizations, but
none of my customizations is supposed to have that effect, so there
must be a bug _somewhere_.  (I use a separate custom file.)  The
problem is that the bug has to do with writing into one's Custom file,
so `emacs -q' is meaningless.  If the bug does not happen for other
people, I could try to start out with an empty Custom file.

   >  If it does nothing, why is it there?

   If you mean the "Erase Customization" button,

No, I mean the lines:

(custom-reset-variables
 '(inhibit-default-init nil))

in my Custom file.

   (I really don't see how this issue is related to Custom Themes,
   btw.)

It is just a guess.  I said _probably_ related to Custom themes.

Sincerely,

Luc.