Re: gdb-ui sells Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gdb-ui sells Emacs
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:52:56 +0200

> From: Frank Schmitt <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:32:48 +0100
>
> Or they are like me C++ programmer who reverted to writing stuff in
> logfiles and on stdout as gdb is barely unusable to them.

Blame compiler maintainers who rush forward developing their code
generators and support for advanced language features without making
sure their cool code is described in the debug info in enough detail
for the debugger to DTRT with it.  In any sane development shop, no
new compiler feature is released until the debugger supports it, and
the compiler and debugger teams cooperate and coordinate very closely.