`c-put-char-property-fun' troubles

From: martin rudalics
Subject: `c-put-char-property-fun' troubles
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 17:53:35 +0100

With emacs -Q

Do M-x customize-group RET C RET

gets me a buffer with

Go to parent group: Languages

/- C group: -------------------------------------------------------------\
      State: visible group members are all at standard settings.
   Support for the C language and related languages.
   See also Manual and Font Lock Faces group.

Hitting "Manual" gets me

byte-code: Wrong type argument: listp, c-put-char-property-fun

and I get this message also when I now want to save a file, open a
directory - Emacs becomes pretty uncooperative here.