Re: po file charset via auto-coding-functions

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: po file charset via auto-coding-functions
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:01:32 -0500

Please forgive the delay in my response.

    > Binding buffer-file-name is rather unclean.
    > And I don't see a reason to do it.

    >     so that find-operation-coding-system (called in
    >     decode-coding-inserted-region) can surely find
    >     po-find-file-coding-system to be called, and it can surely
    >     find the current buffer by get-file-buffer.

    > decode-coding-inserted-region passes its FILENAME arg to
    > find-operation-coding-system.  So all you need to do is to pass
    > this funny file name to decode-coding-inserted-region.
    > There is no need to bind buffer-file-name.

    > Why are you concerned about whether get-file-buffer can be used with
    > this funny file name?

    A function registered in find-operation-coding-system have
    to find which buffer is pretending to visit FILENAME if
    FILENAME doesn't exist.  And, get-file-buffer is the only
    (or at least the very natural) way for that.

Could you give me an example or two?
Which filename handler function does this?
Looking at an example, I can understand the issue.