Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: ignore mouse-wheel press during rotation
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:16:15 -0600 (CST)

Piet van Oostrum wrote:

   Actually, I have the opposite problem. I hardly use the mousewheel. I grew
   up when mice didn't have wheels but heavily used the middle button. Now I
   can't get a proper 3-button mouse anymore, and when I click the middle
   button I often get unwanted wheel rotations. Maybe there should be a
   variable telling what to do with simultaneous clicks and rotations.

Assuming you do not want to use the mouse wheel at all, is it not
sufficient to turn off mouse-wheel-mode?  I can not check, because
with my setup, the mouse wheel never works in any application
whatsoever.  In particular, with my setup, it does not work in Emacs,
regardless of the value of mouse-wheel-mode.

Sincerely,

Luc.